Why use Google Analytics…
Google Analytics is a really important digital marketing tool that allows you to understand how customers are using your website in order to improve future marketing campaigns. It gives you a huge amount of information as to who is visiting your site, what they are looking for, and how they are getting on to your site.
Google Analytics is all about trends and can provide you with a lot of data including:
- Who visits your website – a user’s geographical location, which browser they used, what device they used, which language they speak etc.
- User interaction - if there is certain content that is engaging users more than others, how many users clicked on specific links and where the traffic is “dropping off” your site.
- When they visit your site – you can see which time of the day is the most successful for your website. This helps you pick the time to publish your posts.
- Customer engagement - what pages they are visiting the most, which page is causing the users to leave most often, how many pages an average user is viewing and their session duration. You can also track conversions – so how well your site fulfils targeted objectives.
- Acquisition -the channels that are directing traffic to your website, including organic search, paid search, social media, referrals and direct traffic. Google Analytics also shows you the breakdown of each traffic source, so you can focus on specific ones.
- Real time analysis - so you can see how many people are on your site right now and what they are doing!
Whatever the user behaviour you can drill down and find everything you need to know, and the best thing about Google Analytics is that it’s free. All you have to do is apply a code (that Google gives you) to your website and it will pull off all the useful data for you.
Network Scientific can assist you with your Google Analytics. To find out more contact our Sales and Marketing Manager, Lucy Milne on 01423 813520 or email email@example.com.Back to News